WHILST THE COTTAGE SLEEPS UP TO 7 PEOPLE. PLEASE NOTE ONLY 4 ADULTS MAY STAY IN THE COTTAGE, AS THE BUNK BEDS ARE NOT SUITABLE FOR ADULTS AND THIS ROOM IS FOR CHILDREN ONLY. OUR NEIGHBOUR MONITORS THE NUMBER OF GUESTS AND YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE IMMEDIATELY IF YOU BREACH THIS RULE.
We have house rules specific to your dog. (Additional house rules are further down the page):-
1) Maximum 1 dog per visit – to be approved by the host ahead of booking;
2) Dogs are not allowed on furniture;
3) Dogs are not allowed on upper floors – to be kept on ground floor only please;
4) Dogs should not be left alone in house without the owner.
5) We also ask that pets are left closed in the kitchen only overnight (and not the sitting room). We ask guests bring a towel with them to dry off dogs if they are wet ahead of bringing them back into the cottage as this helps maintain the cottage for guests to enjoy.
Additional house rules:-
1) No food or drinks upstairs please.
2) No shoes upstairs – we have provided a pine box near the front door which is for storage beachwear and shoes.
3) Please open the bathroom window when showering.
4) Any/all damage must be paid for in full.
5) There will be a minimum administration charge of £15 for the retrieval and return of property left in the cottage. Postage and packaging will be charged in addition to this.
6) We have a parking permit for either of the council car parks at the top of the bank and the pass will be on the coffee table in the sitting room for you when you arrive. Guests are welcome to use this during their stay however it must be returned to the coffee table at the end of their stay. If the permit is not returned at the end of the stay there will be a charge equivalent to the replacement cost of a new permit, which is currently £160 but the cost at the time may exceed this. The guest will be responsible for this cost in full.
7) Please do not take anything from the cottage which does not belong to you as you will be charged in full.
8) A deposit of 1 night is payable, and only once written confirmation is received is the booking confirmed.
9) The balance payment is due for payment 30 clear calendar days ahead of the guests stay.
9) Bookings: Deposit and balance payments are non-refundable or transferable.
10) We provide a welcome pack to all guests, the contents of which are subject to change at the owner’s discretion.
11) The cottage is to be kept locked at all times in order to comply with insurance requirements. Additional T’s & C’s apply in regard to access and security of the premises will be provided once guests have booked and this is for the security of the cottage and it’s contents.
12) No parties.
13) No smoking anywhere on the premises.
14) Please bring your own towels for the beach and if you are bringing your furry friend please bring a towel for him. All towels provided to stay in the cottage please.
15) Guests are welcome to check in from 3pm on the day of arrival and check out is by 10am on the day of departure.
16) The central heating should be left on continual and guests should simply rotate the temperature dial in order to switch the heating on/off or up/down. We politely ask guests to leave the heating on 15 degrees minimum at all times in order to avoid pipes bursting. The heating typically switches on/off between 15-18 degrees and setting to heating to 18 degrees will heat up the house very quickly.
17) If guests encounter any problems or anything gets broken, please phone Suzanne direct on 07786 542599 or if unavailable then our agent, Bay Town Holiday Cottages so that we can try to replace/repair any items in time for your stay and/or our next guests.
18) We have a small rubbish bin in the kitchen, but we don’t have any external dustbins. Please place your rubbish in the village refuse store which is located at the end of Albion Road behind the white garages. There is recycling as well as general refuse. We would be grateful if guests to empty all bins before departing and not leave any food in the cottage.
19) We are sorry to report there has been a significant amount of damage caused to our beautiful bathroom during one stay during late 2019 which has taken time and expense to rectify, and in order to help guests we now provide instructions for use of bath/shower and politely ask guests to comply with these:-
Please do not put unnecessary pressure on the SHOWER SCREEN as it is not designed to take large force/weight.
BATH PLUG: Press down to close and press down again to open. Do not pull upwards or turn.
CHROME OVERFLOW COVER TO SIDE OF BATH: Do not turn or pull – this is simply the cover for the overflow.
20) Please be aware the patio is accessed up a flight of stone steps (40 in total) which require a degree of care, particularly on the way down! There is a new patio and picket fence and we ask guests not to climb or lean on the fence as it is not designed to take excessive weight and there is a large drop to our neighbours’ patio some 5 feet below.
The large cliff top garden is through the white gate at the top of the steps. The right hand side is elevated and denoted Primrose Cottage. Children and dogs should not be left alone on either terrace and should be supervised at all times by an adult. You are welcome to take furniture up there but please return it to the lower terrace afterwards using covers provided.